Local charities, as well as campaign groups are a less formal way to get involved with mental health support in your area. They can provide signposts as to who would be the right person to see for your problem and help you feel part of a community project too. Some of them offer more formal counselling services and others emphasise the need for people to come together, for example, to practice mindfulness. Some local charities and campaign groups include:
- MIND is a National mental health charity, ensuring anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support.
- West Sussex Coastal Mind can be found here.
- They also provide a detailed directory of mental health related resources.
Pathfinder West Sussex
- A jointly commissioned collaboration of specialist mental health support organisations that offer community hub
- Visit the website HERE to access advice, services and information that support local peoples' mental health, and wellbeing in the community
Rethink Mental Illness Charity
- Rethink Mental Illness are a UK based charity offering advice and information.
- Worthing Rethink are a peer led support group for friend and family carers of people who experience mental health difficulties
- Mindfulness means paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment in the mind, body and external environment.
- During mindfulness sessions, we are aware of where we are and what we’re doing, but not overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.
- It is typically cultivated by a range of simple meditation practices, which aim to bring a greater awareness of thinking, feeling and behaviour patterns, and to develop the capacity to manage these with greater skill and compassion.
- This is found to lead to an expansion of choice and capacity in how to meet and respond to life’s challenges, and therefore live with greater well-being, mental clarity and care for yourself and others
- Mindfulness courses and drop in sessions available at the Sompting Big Local Hub.
*If you wish to remain anonymous when submitting feedback or data to this site, then please leave the "Your Details" page blank within the following survey. Any details submitted will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.